Our highly commended NQT programme is now in its third year. We have trained 60 NQTs from 23 different schools from across the city and beyond. The networking and support this programme can offer your NQT has been a key strength of the programme. Due to an increase in numbers this year we are running two cohorts so if you have more than one NQT, we can accommodate your needs to ensure adequate cover can be arranged.
Our year long programme has been designed by a team of NLEs, SLEs and experienced Head Teachers from across our Alliance. The course content is based around the Teacher Standards and covers areas such as:
- Inspirational Reading
- Marking Assessment and Target Setting
- Writing, English and Maths
- A 2 residential held at the Hotel La Tour on behaviour management from educational experts
- Next Steps post NQT
About the Programme
The first year in teaching is a make or break year for qualified teachers so as a Head you will want to ensure that you are able to effectively support the induction of new entrants into the profession joining your school in September.
Now in its third year, the CPTSA NQT programme provides high quality training and development led and inspired by a team made up of National Leaders in Education (NLEs), Head Teachers of OFSTED outstanding schools, educational experts and an experienced team of Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs).
The uniqueness of our programme has been enhanced further by the NQTs themselves. Each training event is evaluated and the feedback utilised to shape the programme and will continue to drive the content for our 2016/17 programme. This approach has ensured that our NQT programme not only meets the needs of the first year of teaching but has been shaped by NQTs themselves. Each of the sessions are designed to respond to the demands of an NQT covering areas such as behaviour management, reading, writing and maths, dealing with SEN, leadership and dealing with key stakeholders such as TAs, parents and other professionals.
We understand the key role a mentor plays in the first year of teaching and how having a structured approach can benefit both the NQT and the mentor. We are offering all NQT mentors a training session to further develop this. There will be a session in early July 2016 for mentors who have not mentored an NQT before and for more experienced mentors, a session in mid September.
Over the past three years we have trained 89 NQTs from over 34 different schools from across the city and beyond. A statistic we are really proud of. Our 2016/17 programme will be run in 2 separate cohorts (*numbers permitting) to allow schools with more than 1 NQT to participate without the issue of cover being a barrier or if you prefer, the chance for them to attend together. The choice is up to you.
Here is what some of our 2015/16 NQTs had to say about the programme:
- “I have found this course really useful. Being able to network and share ideas with the group will be so useful in my first year of teaching”
- “ The programme has made me realise I am not alone as an NQT. I will stay in touch with all the colleagues I have met”
- “the content is so relevant and informative and is delivered by real teachers who understand the profession”
- “the residential was the best. It really made me reflect on my first few weeks as an NQT”
- To facilitate and develop an NQT support network outside of the NQT’s school
- To support NQTs in their first year of teaching by offering a varied and diverse programme of events addressing key current demands
- To explore and offer unique ways of meeting the Teacher Standards through working in both phase specific groups and cross phase teams
- Engagement and support for mentors with additional mentor specific training available both in the summer and in the autumn term
- To fully engage your NQT in a programme that will build upon capability and inspire them to become the best they can be
Cost and Booking
We are delighted to announce we have frozen the cost of the NQT programme for the last two years. The cost per delegate is £1300. (A further 10% discount for CPTSA subscribers)
If you would like to book a place on this exciting programme, please email email@example.com for further details
**Please note, we will be taking bookings for our new NQT programme from March 2017. The course will commence in September 2017**