We are no longer taking applications for NPQSL cohort 7. This course has commenced.
Please note that the National Professional Qualifications are currently being revised. It’s not possible in England to complete any levels under the current model, unless a participant was registered with the National College for Teaching & Leadership by 31 January 2017.
The process for application to deliver under the ‘reformed’ model has been advertised; schools and other organisations can apply to deliver under the new arrangements, which come into place early autumn. It is expected that contracts will be awarded around the beginning of May, and accredited providers will then be able to advertise their courses, starting from September onwards, so it should not be too long before you are able to find out more about future provision. We will update our website as soon as further information becomes available.
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) will give you the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to be a highly effective senior leader.
You can control the pace and focus of your study by completing the work in a time frame that suits you, and by choosing elective modules that interest you the most.
The CPTSA deliver the NPQSL programme working in collaboration with The Professional Alliance. Trainers and faciltators delivering this programme are current senior leaders including Viv Randall (NLE and OBE for services to education) Executive Headteachers and Local Leaders of Education.
Who can apply?
Senior leaders with cross-school responsibilities, including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, special educational needs co-ordinators (SENCOs) and advanced skills teachers, and other senior staff looking for further professional development but not aspiring to headship at this stage in their career.
Completion of 2 essential and 2 elective modules
Each module requires up to 50 hours of blended learning, typically consisting of
- workplace learning (about 20 hours)
- practical activities
- face-to-face activity including peer and facilitated learning
- reading and reflection
- online learning
The Professional Alliance Birmingham Telephone: 0121 303 8143
Please note that we currently only offer new NPQSL programmes.l At present we do not offer new NPQH or NPQML programmes.
We are delighted to offer standalone modules from the NPQSL leadership programme. Further details listed below:
Leaders can use modules in a flexible way to meet needs, irrespective of their current role. They can be used by:
- Leaders who are not on a full leadership programme
- Aspiring leaders before engaging on a full leadership programme, and the experience ‘banked’ towards module requirements (conditions apply)
- Leaders who want to gain experience in an unfamiliar area
- Aspiring leaders without formal leadership roles to extend their expertise and to support career progression to a qualification or new role
- how organisations change to improve and the characteristics of successful and unsuccessful change programmes
- international evidence relating to effective change, including different ways of approaching change
- leadership and management processes and tools that support change in schools
- how team leaders contribute to and influence school-wide change
- the professional qualities of effective team leadership in changing situations
- performance cultures that motivate staff and promote school improvement
- effective performance management and appraisal systems
- national curriculum requirements and freedoms
- legal frameworks relating to behaviour management, attendance, exclusions and bullying
- health and safety legislation, including governor accountabilities
- child protection issues
- successful financial management practice in schools
Special New Year Offer
Start the new year by taking advantage of our reduced prices:
- £195 - covers face to face session and access to the module online learning materials
- £150 - per person if you book 2 or more places
For further information and to book:.
You will find a lot more information about the individual modules on the professional alliance website - go to www.theprofessionalalliance.org.uk
If you have any queries, please contact us:
- Telephone 0121 675 8766
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org